Some takeaway highlights from the report:
– Ransomware is on the rise – encrypting files and stealing login credentials (70% of malware in June was ransomware!) You may have hard about the global Wannacry outbreak that effected 150 countries in June 2017.
– Your action is to BACKUP YOUR FILES – to be able to recover without paying a ransom to cyber-criminals who encrypt your files and demand a ransom to unencrypt them.
– Email is still the primary method to distribute malware – beware of email with attachments and subject lines that say “invoice / payment / receipt attached” and ask you to sign into your account.
– Some Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) slow your system, and disable your anti-malware security software.
– MACs are becoming more vulnerable to malware.
– MALVERTISING using ads is a common way that cyber-criminals distribute their malware.
– TECH SUPPORT SCAMS are on the rise – whether it is by phone call or a blocked browser, DO NOT out of fear let the scammers into your system (I know I sound like a broken record about this).
#MALWAREBYTES Anti-Malware is a very effective diagnostic tool to detect and remove malware on your computer systems (Windows, MAC, or Android). Their premium endpoint protection product is effective at preventing malware from getting into your system.
Contact me if you think you have malware and need help removing it or installing Malwarebytes