CHANGES TO SERVICE RATES
By Linda Lindquist, May 17, 2021
My commitment to my clients is to bring you the best computer protection and value at an affordable price. In the interest of transparency, my rates are listed below:
- License Renewal: $50 - Renew or start ‘Healthy Computer” protection software for $50 per device per year.
- Hourly: $50 an hour - Starting June 1, my hourly rate for servicing new and emergency clients is adjusting to $50. Once you are a ‘healthy computer’ client, you may schedule service as needed at the current rate of $40 per hour.
- New computer installations: $200 - When you need to replace your older computer, I can help you set it up, and make it functional and ‘healthy’ by transferring your files from your old computer, installing your printer, adding software to read your office and pdf files, setting up your email, and installing protection software to make it a ‘healthy computer.’
- Old computer disposal: $80 - If you no longer plan to use your old computer, it needs to be cleaned up so no one can steal your information (passwords, files, identity) before safely and properly recycling it.
- New printer installation: $60 + $10 per other devices - when you replace your old printer, your new printer needs to be installed, made WI-FI capable and configured to work from your computer, smart phones, tablets, and kindle devices. The price to install a new printer is $60 plus $10 for each device it is added to,
- Backup services: $80 - your personal pictures and documents need to be backed up to protect them from loss. Backup can be manual to a flash drive or automated to a backup service. A flash drive and instructions on how to back up are included in the price of manual backup. Automated backup service is installed, started for you and renewal is billed annually.
- Data retrieval: $80 - If the hard drive fails on your computer and you had no backup, I may be able to retrieve your files from the ‘dead’ hard drive to a flash drive (included in the price). No guarantees.
- Q&A with Linda subscription: $30 a month - I answer questions once a month submitted by subscribers, who receive the written questions and answers and the video replay of the group Zoom call.
- Diagnostic fee: $45 - The fee for diagnosing a non-repairable computer is $45, no matter how much time I persevere in trying to make it work.
- Operating system upgrades: $120 - Sometimes your Windows or MAC computers require an upgrade to the latest version of the Operating System.
- Computer Skills Training: $15 / month – If you need to enhance your computer skills, consider this award winning, suite of over 100 video-based courses.
- Education articles: freebie - Look for regular articles in your email or on my Blog [using this link] about computer topics that you may find valuable.
- Phone advice: Calls that are less than 15 minutes are supplied pro bono (no charge)
I appreciate you trusting me to keep your computers healthy and look forward to providing you the best computer protection and value at an affordable price. Contact me [using this link] to arrange for any of these services or to discuss your specific computer needs. I welcome your ideas for other computer services that you want. Be well!