HOW TO BLOCK CHROME NOTIFICATIONS
By Linda Lindquist
If you are seeing pop-outs on the bottom right side of your computer screen, these are coming from Chrome ‘notifications.’ These pop-outs are distracting and very annoying, and they can be blocked in Chrome settings.
How to block Chrome notifications:
- Click the 3-dots at the top right of an open Chrome browser window.
- Click on SETTINGS from the drop-down menu.
- Click on PRIVACY AND SECURITY (on left)
- Click on SITE SETTINGS (on right)
- Scroll down and click on NOTIFICATIONS.
- Scroll down to the ALLOW list.
- Click on the 3-dots to the right of each allowed notification and click on BLOCK ITEM
Voila, those annoying pop-outs are gone!
How to prevent pop-out notifications:
In the future, if a website invites you to allow their notifications, think first and click BLOCK.
Enjoy your computer and be well.