INDEPENDENCE DAY AND FREEDOM
July 4 is celebrated in the United States for a declaration of independence from rule by Great Britain in the 1770’s. It was the start of the great experiment of government by the people, for the people and of the people with liberty and freedom for all.
This year is special, signifying freedom from the fear of getting COVID-19 due to vaccines that were developed and administered during the past year. Our country may soon be resuming to a “new normal.”
During the upcoming summer months in Florida, we face threats from hurricanes and violent lightning storms. Lightning, in particular can play havoc with our computers and torrential rains can make it dangerous to drive. Some tips to protect your computers and yourselves:
1. During storms, unplug your laptop from its electrical outlet.
2. Do not turn off your surge protector, which will leave you unprotected from surges / spikes in power that occur when lightning strikes close to your home.
3. Invest in an UPS Battery backup device and plug your tower computer into the battery box. A sudden loss of power to a tower can leave your tower computer damaged and unusable.
4. If driving during a deluge of rain, where you cannot see two feet in front of you, pull off the road and wait out the storm until you can see safely to drive again.
5. Create a personal plan for where to go during a hurricane.
Enjoy the freedom of protecting your computers and yourselves during the summer storms.
I am committed to protect your computers at an affordable price. Thank you for trusting me to keep your computers healthy. Contact us at 239-567-0104 when it is time to renew your protection software, or if you need computer and internet help. Be well.
By Linda Lindquist, July 4, 2021 https://www.computerandinternethelp.com/contact-us