STAYING SAFE ONLINE - TIPS
Staying safe online is crucial in today’s digital age. Here are some tips to help you stay safe online:
1. Use strong, unique passwords for all of your online accounts, and never share them with anyone.
2. Beware of ‘phishing’ e-mail scams where attackers pretend to be reputable companies in order to steal your sensitive data or money.
3. Use anti-malware / antivirus software and keep them activated and up-to-date to protect against malware and viruses,
4. Avoid using public Wi-Fi to access sensitive information such as online banking and shopping.
5. Regularly check your financial statements (banks and credit cards) and monitor your credit score to detect any suspicious activity.
6. Use encryption and two-factor authentication whenever possible to add an extra layer of security to your accounts.
7. Be cautious about what you share on social media and only accept friend requests from people you know . Do not accept friend requests if they are already friends (this is a common scam).
8. Keep your devices up-to-date with the latest security patches and software updates to stay protected against known vulnerabilities.
By following these tips, you can take proactive steps to protect yourself and your personal information online. Wishing you a safe online experience.
I am committed to protecting your computers at an affordable price. Thank you for trusting me to keep your computers healthy. Contact us at 239-567-0104 to renew your protection software, join our monthly training program “Learn Computer 101”, or schedule computer and printer help. Be well.
By Linda Lindquist, May 8, 2023