The Swiss Cheese Approach to Protection Against Infections
The invisible corona virus can be stopped by many layers of protection, all of which play a role in stopping the virus from infecting your body through holes like in swiss cheese. The layers include:
- Wearing your mask
- Distancing by 6 feet
- Staying away from crowds
- Outdoors is safer than inside.
- No handshakes or hugs
- Washing your hands – often
- Do not touch your face or nose.
- Getting vaccinated
The COVID-19 coronavirus may infiltrate one layer, but when you combine many layers, it can get stopped from entering your system and infecting you.
Malicious software can be stopped by many layers of security protection, all of which play a role in stopping malware from infecting your computer through holes like in swiss cheese. The layers include:
- Active antimalware / antivirus software
- Advertising, scam and potentially unwanted program blocker
- Ransomware and dark website blocker
- Automated software updater
- Scheduled scans to detect and quarantine malware.
- Do not click on embedded URLs to websites and attachments in emails.
- Backup your computer files
Malware may penetrate one layer but cannot get through all the proven layers of protection to infect your computer.
Both your body and your computer need to be protected from unwanted infections. The science of doing so is known, effective and doable by implementing all the proven layers of protection.
I offer layered solutions for protecting your computer. Contact me to evaluate your current computer protection and discuss how to block your swiss cheese holes.
Source: for more information, read the Emsisoft anti-malware blog, March 18, 2021 (click link below)